As digital marketing agencies evolve, they create efficiencies to solve their client’s problems. Those efficiencies usually take the form of automated processes and custom applications. When those custom applications work well, agencies start to consider turning them into commercial software. If they’re successful, their reward can be exponential revenue growth, but if they fail, as many do, it can mean the demise of their business.
Table of Contents
- Why are agencies creating software?
- How can agencies benefit from building and selling software?
- What agencies need to know before they decide to sell software
- How agencies should approach software development
- What to consider when doing competitive analysis
- How to avoid employee confusion
- Choosing to bootstrap or take VC funding
- Final thoughts on agencies becoming software developers